On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 9:46:13 AM UTC-4, nishi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am surprised that there is no way to disable ipv6 on Debian template.
>
> I reinstalled first the template using documentation
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/reinstall-template/
>
> Then I added "net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1" in /etc/sysctl.conf, I did
> reboot the Template but it didn't change the outcome, I still had ipv6 ports
> opened using "netstat -antp"
>
> I even added "sudo ip6tables -P INPUT DROP" in "/rw/config/rc.local", but I
> still got those distant servers listening when I check using commands like
> "sudo lsof -i6" or "netstat -antp" on my Debian Template.
>
> What is rpcbind, avahi-dae and why you got this ipv6 bound to systemd on PID
> 1 ? Looks suspicious, I thought Ipv6 was disabled by default on Qubes.
>
> Regards

You have to change kernel parameters a diff way I believe.   try this method
from whonix instructions.  https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Qubes/Install

to list the parameters use qvm-prefs -l debian-8 kernelopts

To change them do qvm-prefs -s debian-8 kernelopts "nopat ipv6.disable=1"

Then restart template and vms.