On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 06:46:13AM -0700, nishiwak...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am surprised that there is no way to disable ipv6 on Debian template.
>
> I reinstalled first the template using documentation
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/reinstall-template/
>
> Then I added "net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1" in /etc/sysctl.conf, I did
> reboot the Template but it didn't change the outcome, I still had ipv6 ports
> opened using "netstat -antp"
>
> I even added "sudo ip6tables -P INPUT DROP" in "/rw/config/rc.local", but I
> still got those distant servers listening when I check using commands like
> "sudo lsof -i6" or "netstat -antp" on my Debian Template.
>
> What is rpcbind, avahi-dae and why you got this ipv6 bound to systemd on PID
> 1 ? Looks suspicious, I thought Ipv6 was disabled by default on Qubes.
>
> Regards

I'm a bit late to the party on this, and I wonder if it's a troll
anyway, when I look at some of the later comments.

Still -

If you want to disable ipv6 on Debian, just pass in as kernel option:
qvm-prefs debian -s kernelopts ipv6.disable=1

This won't feed through to qubes based on the template, of course.
You have to set the preference for each qube.

unman