On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 8:20:29 AM UTC+2, Drew White wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
> I would like to know from a dev what the requirements are for Qubes Windows
> Tools (QWT).
>
> All O/S reference are known to be x86_64.
>
> Does QWT require any specific version of Windows 7?
> Or will they work with all versions of Windows 7?
covered here: all.
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-tools-3/

> Why does QWT require TESTSIGNING to be turned on?
> Is that because Win7 requires things to be signed?
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-appvms/
"Before proceeding with the installation we need to disable Windows mechanism
that allows only signed drivers to be installed, because currently (beta
releases) the drivers we provide as part of the Windows Tools are not digitally
signed with a publicly recognizable certificate."

> What are the CPU/RAM requirements for running QWT Seamless Mode?
As far as I can tell, they are no different. I myself generally assign 2 cores
of a modern cpu + 1.2-2gb ram. Works well enough

> Why not have QWT be it's own GUI rather than explorer.exe, and also replace
> the login shell for windows?
> Or is that something that would be difficult to do?
I would assume so, yes.