On Wednesday, 28 September 2016 17:47:01 UTC+10, Foppe de Haan  wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 28, 2016 at 8:20:29 AM UTC+2, Drew White wrote:
> > Hi Devs,
> >
> > I would like to know from a dev what the requirements are for Qubes Windows
> > Tools (QWT).
> >
> > All O/S reference are known to be x86_64.
> >
> > Does QWT require any specific version of Windows 7?
> > Or will they work with all versions of Windows 7?
> covered here: all.
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-tools-3/

Doesn't even BEGIN to answer the question.

> > Why does QWT require TESTSIGNING to be turned on?
> > Is that because Win7 requires things to be signed?
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/windows-appvms/
> "Before proceeding with the installation we need to disable Windows mechanism
> that allows only signed drivers to be installed, because currently (beta
> releases) the drivers we provide as part of the Windows Tools are not
> digitally signed with a publicly recognizable certificate."

Still doesn't answer that question either.

I said "hi devs" because I needed someone with the knowledge of WHY, not just
an end user reason, but a dev description that is technical.

> > What are the CPU/RAM requirements for running QWT Seamless Mode?
> As far as I can tell, they are no different. I myself generally assign 2
> cores of a modern cpu + 1.2-2gb ram. Works well enough

That tells me nothing.
That only tells me what you assign to a Windows Guest.
What it doesn't tell me is what the tools require in seamless mode, including
but not limited to the Windows Guest and Dom0.

Further to that question being answered was... How many resources does it
require per window that is converted to it's own display window?
Along with, Is there a big difference for requirements comparing 1440x900 and
1920x1080 ?

> > Why not have QWT be it's own GUI rather than explorer.exe, and also replace
> > the login shell for windows?
> > Or is that something that would be difficult to do?
> I would assume so, yes.

You don't know, so you are not a dev?
The thing is they are already separating the windows to make individual windows
on Dom0, even though each of those are merely the overlapped windows in windows
itself, and they remain overlapped in windows.

I am inquiring this in technical form so that I can further understand some
things in regards to parts that I"m looking at at the moment.

While I do appreciate user involvement, I prefer you to not answer what you
have no idea about, that keeps things clean and me not getting frustrated
because an end user tries to answer a technical question that they have no idea
about nor the knowledge of what is involved in such a task.

So please, refrain from answering my questions with details that don't answer
anything. If the website had the information, I would not be asking.