16. Dec 2016 12:22 by a...@qubes-os.org:

> You're also ignoring the part that I quoted for you previously. Here
> it is again:
>
> "You may experience trouble when attempting to use a PGP key with a
> passphrase along with Split-GPG and Enigmail. If you do, you may need
> to remove the passphrase from your (sub)key(s) in order to get
> Split-GPG working correctly. As mentioned above, we do not believe PGP
> key passphrases to be significant from a security perspective."
>
> What this means for you:
>
> You're experiencing trouble when attempting to use a PGP key with a
> passphrase along with Split-GPG and Enigmail, so you may need to
> remove the passphrase from your (sub)key(s) in order to get Split-GPG
> working correctly.

I do not want to come across rude but that's not how I see it.   I was using
passphrase fine over several releases and it just stop working for a reason I
have yet to find out why.

Removing the password is not a fix it is a kludge or work around.   A fix is
getting it back to its previous working state with password use intact.

If passphrase use is so seeming temperamental that you have to offer this
kludge, it should be said do not use!