16. Dec 2016 05:58 by a...@qubes-os.org:

> I recommend disabling your key's passphrase (i.e., using a blank
> passphrase).

Some frustrating experiments later....

+ Changing my vault VM to fedora24

   - It remembers the keys password but does not honor the timeout settings, it
always reprompts at 5 minutes despite "export QUBES_GPG_AUTOACCEPT=86400" being
in .bash_profile

   - Removing the password from my subkeys and it still prompts for a password
and only works with the password I removed, not blank.  interacting with gpg on
command line shows that the password does not exist all signing / decryption is
automatic

Any reasons for the above behavior?

+ then changing vault VM back to debian 8

  - password removed and I can now read email and attachments without being
bothered when looking at each and every email.