On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 12:59:53 AM UTC-5, tai...@gmx.com wrote:
> On 12/27/2017 11:05 PM, cooloutac wrote:
> 
> > sorry for the spam I don't mean to make fun.
> You only do that to yourself.
> 
> You are immature and you are going to get someone killed if you keep 
> this up.
> > Basically I can't see it being easier to exploit the ps/2 then usb.   For 
> > one how can you spoof a device?  And there is no other free ports, so can't 
> > have multiple devices.
> This is why I don't want you giving advice because you have absolutely 
> zero idea of what you are doing and you simply refuse to learn.
> 
> Someone in a third world country is going to get his disk password read 
> by the government hitmen in the basement of his apartment complex (read 
> the article I provided) and he is going to die because of all the 
> bullshit spun forth on this listserv, or (venezuela) his crypto-currency 
> will be stolen and he will be un-able to feed his family.
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/03/10/bitcoin-mining-is-big-business-in-venezuela-but-the-government-wants-to-shut-it-down/
> Why are you so naive? How can you not believe that this happens? People 
> are dying because they have poor security.
> > It seems to me you should be more worried about the actual keyboard you are 
> > using then what board you are connecting it to.
> Mine is made in the united states by a trustworthy company, and it 
> doesn't have re-writable memory as nearly every keyboard on the market does.
> 
> Money well spent as I will never have to purchase another one, already a 
> decade and a half old but it still looks good as new.
> >    And then if we really want to get down to PARANOID.  They might as well 
> > put listening devices in there as well as recording all your keystrokes 
> > lol.  Maybe put a microscopic camera in your keyboard too.
> >
> > Who do you think is tapping the "ground wire" of your keyboard?   Is it the 
> > CIA?  hehe...
> This isn't about me - who lives in a safe and free western country - 
> this is about the people who you are giving dangerous advice to who for 
> all I know could be dissidents in one of the worlds less friendly places 
> to live.
> 
> On 12/27/2017 10:52 PM, cooloutac wrote:
> 
> > Just realized that you prefer to have mouse and kb on the same usb 
> > controller rather then using ps/2 port.
> There isn't anything wrong with that, both are critical input devices 
> and can do near equally as much damage.
> If you can't trust your keyboard and mouse you have already lost.
> 
> You seem to not have noticed that the developers mentioned a PS/2 
> internal *laptop* keyboard not a desktop keyboard (to avoid laptop USB 
> based attacks) - there is a large difference between the one in your 
> laptop and the one connected to a traditional port on a desktop the 
> protocol is the same but the physical characteristics of the cable are 
> different, most laptops lack a ground wire and one can simply unplug 
> from the wall if they do or obtain a ground removal plug.

Its nice though that you trust your usb keyboard cause it was made in a free 
western country.   What country is that again?   If you say the USA i'll have 
to start laughing...  Especially since you like to mention the CIA.

And you still haven't explained exactly what is done with the ground wire?  How 
is information obtained, or how is it used to take over your pc? Enlighten us 
all, because I can't even find the common sense.  It seems you aren't speaking 
from any real life or personal experience or even suspicions.   If i'm wrong 
i'd like to know why you think so,  without the name calling please, we could 
all benefit.     

If someone has government hitmen trying to kill them,  the last thing they 
should be doing is using a computer or going online.  That would be my advice.  
I wouldn't be trying to sell them hardware.  How do we know you are not a 
government spy?  :)

Are you stalking me from some crazy libre land?   

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"qubes-users" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to qubes-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to qubes-users@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/504703b5-f5a2-490c-bd68-573b5ae626f3%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to