On Thursday, December 7, 2017 at 3:23:18 PM UTC-5, Wael Nasreddine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking to build a new Desktop specifically for Qubes OS, so my most
> important requirement is compatibility. I currently have 64GB (4 x 16GB)
> 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3400 (PC4 27200)[0] that I'd like to use, and I'm
> looking for a recommendation for the motherboard and CPU. Preferably a 6+
> cores CPU. What do you guys use?
>
> I'm aware of the HCL page, but I'm mostly interested in knowing your personal
> experience with your current hardware.
>
> [0]: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232264

I would suggest, as advice I followed from qubes docs,  is to just try to find
a board that has a manual describing iommu/vt-d options as available.
Preferably manual stating its on by default.   The best of all scenarios being
a manual that shows a picture of the option with it enabled.

I would also suggest something with a ps/2 port for your keyboard, and using a
usb to ps/2 adapter for better security.

integrated gpu is all you need.  I would suggest 16-32gb of ram.

best of luck.