On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 11:05:22 PM UTC-5, cooloutac wrote:
> sorry for the spam I don't mean to make fun.   Basically I can't see it being
> easier to exploit the ps/2 then usb.   For one how can you spoof a device?
> And there is no other free ports, so can't have multiple devices.
>
> It seems to me you should be more worried about the actual keyboard you are
> using then what board you are connecting it to.  And then if we really want
> to get down to PARANOID.  They might as well put listening devices in there
> as well as recording all your keystrokes lol.  Maybe put a microscopic camera
> in your keyboard too.
>
> Gaming keyboards are probably the most unsafe.   lol I got one that has two
> usb wires,  one to program the keyboard.  I just never plug that one in, I'm
> actually still not sure whats its for lmao,    but it still has macros and I
> wouldn't plug that keyboard into a machine with sensitive data.

All my workstation boards also have two controllers.   one for the two usb
ports next to the ps/2.   I've always assumed for mouse and keyboard.

But I consider my sys-usb unsafe.  And even if you use a separate vm for mouse
and kb its still proxying and still used for the most sensitive tasks.   I use
a mouse proxy from sys-usb,  only after following Mareks advice of having
screenlock come on in a min or two so attacker doesn't have time to do
anything.   But I would never risk using a kb like that.