On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 10:27:28 PM UTC-5, tai...@gmx.com wrote:
> On 12/27/2017 09:40 PM, cooloutac wrote:
>
> > I would suggest, as advice I followed from qubes docs,  is to just try to
> > find a board that has a manual describing iommu/vt-d options as available.
> > Preferably manual stating its on by default. The best of all scenarios
> > being a manual that shows a picture of the option with it enabled.
> That doesn't mean anything, I have bought two boards that had what you
> describe and what do you know they didn't actually support it (and these
> were server/embedded boards)
> This is why one should purchase a board with libre firmware so any
> issues can be fixed as I always suggest.
>
> I also suggest not calling IOMMU "VT-d" as that makes people think it is
> an intel only technology (AMD's is AMD-Vi - both should be referred to
> by the generic name)
> > I would also suggest something with a ps/2 port for your keyboard, and
> > using a usb to ps/2 adapter for better security.
> Stop giving out bad advice.
>  >>>>>>>> what you are doing can get people killed <<<<<<<<
> Qubes is used by people in oppressive regimes where a single mistake
> will end your life and the lives of your family.
>
> As I have stated before PS/2 is the furthest thing from secure due to
> leaks on the ground wire.
> https://www.pcworld.com/article/161166/article.html
> Ideally you would have more than one USB controller - and the
> KCMA-D8/KGPE-D16 have two. One for keyboard and mouse one for USB flash
> drives or what not and both without shared assets or board integrated
> non removable devices such as the common setup on a laptop where there
> is some silly no longer security updated "security" co-processor or what
> not always hooked up to one of the USB controllers.
>

> Look man I know what it was like to be your age and wanting approval,
> wanting to be helpful even just when it comes to random people on the
> internet but you gotta stop and let the experts handle tech support for
> software like this.
> Learn more and then please go help on a forum where the stakes are not
> so high.

lmao.  "CIA invented the word paranoid..."    quote of the day...   you are
definitely libre thats for sure hahah.

So you mean it was enabled by default and shown with a picture in the manual,
and it was a server board and it still didn't work.   I'll have to take your
word for it, because I would assume most server boards would work fine.  I was
referring to workstation boards and have had the opposite experience...

You troll me on the ps/2 thing alot.  I'm giving out the same advice I have
learned from Qubes docs and their forum posts.  I think most users would
disagree with you but maybe I'm wrong.  Next you are going to tell me this is
not a forum but a mailing list lol...

at least your posts are entertaining.  most libre people are...