From: qubes-u...@zyrianes.net
Sent: October 30, 2020 7:26 PM
To: qubes-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [qubes-users] Re: HCL - intel NUC10i7FNK

Le 30/10/2020 à 17:57, Alex Smirnoff a écrit :
> Ah, apparently it was just a glitch, second time I tried my keyboard
> remained functional.

Good.

> However, still no luck: after I updated dom0 to the latest kernel, my
> Qubes system just got stuck on "Enter disk password" stage. I see some
> corrupted image below

It's same for me, I see the corrupted image on each boot (since 6 months
now), but (on my host) it's only a display problem, I can give the disk
password (you should see the bullet [3] for each character) and the boot
process continues. Note that this step concerns giving the LUKS
credentials (not the user password!), and the GUI you see is Plymouth
[1] with this artwork [2].

> which slightly changes over time, and that's it. And I cannot switch
> to text console to see what is happening there like I could on a
> regular linux. WIll try booting from a rescue image now. Anyway, Qubes
> on NUC10 is apparently very unstable. I wonder why there is no ISO
> image with the latest kernel already in place.

You can't switch to tty (text console) because the boot process is on
the LUKS uncryption step, so the rootfs isn't yet available (so the init
process isn't launch and neither the login process).

Don't worry, Qubes OS on NUC10 is stable, I use it daily.

I agree an ISO image with, on start, the choice between default or
latest kernel will be great.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Plymouth

[2] https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-artwork/tree/master/plymouth/qubes-dark

[3]