Bill,

Can you please document exactly what you did that worked. What you asked DH to do and so on? Thanks!

Adam

On 7-Oct-08, at 7:04 PM, Bill Barnard wrote:

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 04:28:04PM -0700, Bill Barnard wrote:
On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 06:10:49PM -0400, Josh French wrote:

However, we've successfully served multiple subdomains without resorting
to mod_rewrite by defining each subdomain from within the multisite
extension -- main.tld and sub.main.tld, both being served from a single Radiant instance. Is that your use case? Your question implies you've got a dev or preview domain that may need additional http authentication -- that's also possible, but I don't want to confuse the issue if that's not
your scenario.

I would like to put the dev subdomain under http auth, but otherwise the
scenario is as you describe. I'm still experimenting with how Radiant
works with Passenger on DH. If I find that simply using a single
instance works with no symlink subterfuge, I will report that. It seems to me that serving multiple subdomains from a single instance would work
fine if I controlled the server (the httpd.conf, etc.)

It is possible to point two DH subdomains to the same Radiant public
directory using Passenger and have things work properly.

I am guilty of troubleshooting without keeping a written record of the
changes I was making and/or waiting for DH to make.

Thanks for all the help!

Bill