Thanks, Steven, for the added perspective.

What do folks consider a "high-volume" site?  If I'm looking to handle 3 - 5
million page views monthly, which I can do with a few production Rails
servers and a non-trivial production architecture (memcache, n-tier
architecture, etc.), do folks think Radiant will be up to the task?

- Peter

> From: Steven Southard <ste...@stevensouthard.com>
> Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 23:29:18 -0600
> To: <radiant@radiantcms.org>
> Subject: Re: [Radiant] Stories of stability
>
> I and others would love to chime in and help complete the picture
> unfortunately Mohit already hit every point perfectly.  Good luck with
> your choice.  If you choose Radiant engineering will love how it all
> goes together and if you do your jobs right marketing will love how
> much power they have to publish exactly what they want in a clear and
> effective way.
>
> Best,
>
> Steven
> http://www.stevensouthard.com
>

> On Dec 23, 2009, at 2:26 PM, Peter Degen-Portnoy wrote:
>
>> This is great stuff, thank you so very much, Mohit!
>>
>> - Peter
>>

>>> From: Mohit Sindhwani <t...@onghu.com>
>>> Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 03:00:45 +0800
>>> To: <radiant@radiantcms.org>
>>> Subject: Re: [Radiant] Stories of stability

>>> We are going through a similar issue.  I love Radiant but we have
>>> had a
>>> few issues with trying to use it for a new site.  So, let me get this
>>> started...
>>>
>>> [+]
>>> 1. Radiant is stable - I haven't had any issues on low volume sites
>>> that
>>> I operate.
>>> 2. I program in Rails/ Ruby, so extensibility is easy!
>>> 3. Radiant is a breeze to maintain.
>>> 4. You can do almost any thing that you might need.
>>>
>>> [-]
>>> 1. Radiant templates - this is the most common problem I faced.
>>> People
>>> always talk about how easy it is to get templates for something like
>>> Joomla.  I haven't used that yet, but there's this perception that it
>>> would be easier if we were using Joomla.
>>> 2. Setting up the site for getting in content takes some time - you
>>> need
>>> to install Radiant (that's the easy part) but integrating the
>>> extensions
>>> that you may need takes a while longer.  You need to make sure
>>> everything is OK.  Then you need to start on your templates.  In a
>>> sense, Radiant seems to give you too much freedom - you have to
>>> create
>>> your layouts, snippets and then your pages.  You have to "code" your
>>> navigation and so on.  If you want support for Flash videos, either
>>> you
>>> code in your HTML or you add an extension... and so on.  One of the
>>> problems that this creates is that it seems that a lot of
>>> extensions are
>>> needed and there's very little "in the box" - even something like
>>> attachment support has to be added on.
>>> 3. Some of the non-technical people don't seem to like Radius all
>>> that much.
>>> 4. Finally, no WYSIWIG out of box - I prefer that, but the non-
>>> technical
>>> users seem to prefer WYSIWIG (at least till they start to appreciate
>>> TexTile.
>>>
>>> Overall, I would pick Radiant cos I think it's quite neat :)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Mohit.