I agree with your comments about Hope’s messaging.  I was disappointed in their
current web presence when I looked.  It was better in the past.

Chris

From: radicalcentrism@googlegroups.com
[mailto:radicalcentrism@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Centroids
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:22 PM
To: RadicalCentrism@googlegroups.com
Cc: Billy Rojas <1billyro...@buglephilosophy.com>
Subject: Re: Hope? I Re: Values education Re: [RC] [ RC ] Aptitude vs.
Achievement / The Problem of Two Cultures

Hi Chris,

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 13, 2018, at 16:03, Chris Hahn <c...@2chahn.com <mailto:c...@2chahn.com>
> wrote:

I have been in many places that did not seem remotely magical, but I haven’t
given up on believing that magical experiences can happen.

Yeah, my comment was probably too cynical. :-/

What I should have said is that I believe magic requires design, nurture, and
measurement to be sustained.

I am concerned that if Hope can’t find a better way to articulate that magic to
paying customers — not just alumni —- the pressure will build to cut corners on
the “magic” in order to make the concrete numbers go up.

I imagine trustees are supposed to prevent that, but it requires a deep
understanding of what is sacred vs expedient.

Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community
<RadicalCentrism@googlegroups.com <mailto:RadicalCentrism@googlegroups.com> >
Google Group: http://groups.google.com/group/RadicalCentrism
Radical Centrism website and blog: http://RadicalCentrism.org

---
"Centroids: The Center of the Radical Centrist Community" group.
to radicalcentrism+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:radicalcentrism+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com> .