Ernie,

>From what I know from nieces, nephews, etc., Hope is still providing a
>“values” experience.  They promote it to me in alumni literature.

About believing in magic… I left Hope with idealism and the commitment to make
the world a better place.  I embarked on a path to do so.  It has been a long
and winding road with ups and downs, and I have been in many places that did
not seem remotely magical, but I haven’t given up on believing that magical
experiences can happen.

I encouraged both of my kids to go to a small school like Hope.  My son came
the closest at Colorado School of Mines, but it didn’t provide him with the
experiences I had at Hope.  My daughter wanted to surf, so she graduated from
University of Hawaii.

Chris