"When your bike weighs 90 pounds, a 2nd top tube may actually be doing you
some good!"

I cannot agree and feel compelled to reply because I think others could be
misled.  I'm no heavyweight (170 lbs.) and commute on a 2-TT 60cm
Hillborne.  Granted I carry a commuters load in the rear but nothing close
to a 90 lbs. bike.  When I stand to climb hills, which I do every day, I'll
get a "bit" of chain rub on the front derailleur even when the adjustment
is finely tuned; friction shifting of course.  I'm no expert, but I believe
this would be caused by frame flex.  AND THAT"s with a 2nd top tube.  I'd
hate to think what this particular frame  would be like .... without. So
the ride is not as stiff as some might believe.  I figure the 2nd top tube
only adds about 8 oz. to the overall weight of the bike and in return I get
a properly designed frame, for my uses anyway, and a conversation piece
that seems to draw attention.  Afterall, it's not like a person in the USA
sees a double top tube bike everyday.  Prior to my purchase I never thought
I'd own a 2-TT.  As a matter of fact, the first time I visited RIvendell I
wouldn't even ride one.  But the second time around I bought one!  12,000
miles later I've never regretted it once.

Matt