The new shape looks especially elegant.  I can see a pair of these on the
upright bars on my Atlantis.  That old Suntour ratchet provides just the
right tactile feedback while still working with any number of speeds.  I
still have an ancient pair of Bar-Cons that work perfectly after decades of
use.  I expect the Silver 2s to perform similarly.

On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 11:08:31 AM UTC-7, Bill Lindsay wrote:
> The BLUG has a long write up and description of the Silver 2 shifters.
>  One big take home is the Silver 1 shifter mold is shot, so those will be
> going away.  So, if you love Silver shifters, stock up now.  The Silver 2
> looks like it'll be a way better thumb shifter, a somewhat better barcon
> shifter, and an amusingly ironic downtube shifter.  Most importantly (to
> me), is that if you want to embolden Rivendell Bicycle Works to keep
> putting their money where their brains are, then reward them by buying a
> pair or two of Silver 2's and put them into your personal inventory.  When
> the need arises, get them from your stock.  If Riv gets a lot of early
> adopters buying them, then they'll have the confidence and the money to
> make the next part that you can't get anywhere else.  Grant tells you on
> the BLUG how to get on an email list for updates on the Silver 2.
> Bill habitual-early-adopter Lindsay
> El Cerrito, CA

To post to this group, send email to
Visit this group at