Lum-speaking solely for myself, and I am not a doctor, variety remains the
spice of life. I used low carb/ sugar and most importantly portion control to
lose the weight. I still stay low carb for most meals but I do not deny myself
anything in moderation and infrequently. For instance I quit drinking beer like
I used to, instead of 10 or so a week I have one when I want one, not because I
am socially being pushed to drink. Same w a coke, instead of daily it’s
infrequent but tastes so good! Same w food, it is about choice and frequency
and dietary changes. According to the nutritionist that got me straightened out
I was eating 6000 to 8000 calories a day on a typical day and am now under 3000
most days by making different choices and retraining, it does get sorted out
over time and you get into the groove,