Deaky P recommended that I dwell on other numbers. One of the other numbers
that I have been dwelling on are Strava numbers. I’ve been expecting to improve
personal bests on local benchmark climbs. One of the is the BHS Time Trial. A
steep and loose trail climb of 1.1 miles that is used by most of the local
racers to gauge fitness. I had set the goal for myself to become only the
second rider on Strava in the 45-54 age group to do this climb in under ten
minutes (joining our own head coach at El Cerrito High). I did the ride
yesterday and put down a 9:46. I treated myself with a glass of beer 🍺

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito Ca