Peter: If you do try the Simworks fenders, please let us know how they
work. I considered those, but decided "no" because I didn't want to pay
$135 + shipping for fenders that stay on for a couple months a year, and
because I got a steal on my SKS 65s.. But I'd still be curious about how
they fit over G Ones/Big Ones.

Btw, Kelpie Cycles in Fort Collins makes custom titanium fenders for fat
tires; I talked with him but $300 or more per pair was just too rich for
someone who lives in an area with well under 10" of precipitation a year.
But his fenders are truly beautiful.

Patrick Moore

On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 11:14 AM Father of Sam <beardedpe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Kurt,
>
> I'm looking to do just the same.  I've had great success running 60-622
> Big Apples mounted on Dyads, with SKS 65s, on my Bombadil as a commuter set
> up (for the jungles of Oakland and San Francisco).  But I am now running
> 60-622 G-Ones on the wider Cliffhangers (tubeless! Uh oh...), and have
> delayed mounting fenders this season as I've been on the same search.  The
> tire clearance of these two combinations are equivalent (not measured with
> calipers, just an eyeball on the gaps at the chainstays/yoke and the fork
> blades and crown), so I'd bet the SKS fenders would work with some minor
> manipulation.  I, however, like to tweak and change things up (one bike,
> many builds) and have come across the SimWorks Flat 65s by Honjo.
>

> https://www.sim.works/collections/fenders-simworks-by-honjo/products/flat-65?variant=5250514812957
>
> They come in black too.  I imagine they might need to be trimmed/notched
> to fit between the blades (time to get a dremmel?).  I'm about to pull the
> trigger, but will employ the talent of Omar @ Allrounder in E'ville to do
> the mounting, as it'll be a job that reaches just beyond my tinkering
> confidence.
>
> Just getting the ball rolling here (need to place the order), but I'll
> post whether or not success is achieved.
>
> Peace,
>
> Peter (also of Oakland)
>

> On Friday, January 4, 2019 at 6:04:21 PM UTC-8, Kurt Manley wrote:
>>
>> Hey RBW list,
>>
>> I have been thinking about fendering my 62 cm Hunq and am curious about
>> folks experience with max tire size w fenders and which fenders work best
>> for the Hunqapillar.
>>
>> I'm hoping to run Schwalbe G-One speed tires in 29x2.35 size on
>> Cliffhanger rims. For fenders maybe the VO 63mm fluted fender? Or the 60mm
>> Berthoud?
>> The Berthoud is spec-ed for a 2.35" tire, the VO specs a 2.2" tire but
>> I'm wondering if that might be just differences in the companies suggested
>> tire-fender clearances.
>>
>> Anyone a similar combo on their Hunq? What tires/fenders did you run? I'm
>> open to suggestions beyond what I have listed and while I'd prefer a metal
>> fender I'd do plastic if needed as I have found they generally allow a
>> bigger tire in my limited experiences fendering my bikes. My Hunq is a
>> green one with the larger clearances.
>>
>> Thanks!!
>>
>> Kurt in Oakland

*------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

*Still 'round the corner there may waitA new road or a secret gate,And
though we pass them by today,Tomorrow we may come this wayAnd take the
hidden paths that runTowards the Moon or to the Sun.*
                                --- J.R.R. Tolkien
Resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, and letters that get interviews
By-the-hour resume and LinkedIn coaching
Other professional writing services
Expensive! But good.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nuevo Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique