I've found single speeding to-be less stressful (assuming appropriate
terrain). It sounds puzzling, but for me when single speeding there's less
to do: just pedal (stronger or weaker... just go). I do like the challenge
of turning a high gear for an uphill (occasionally). The simplicity of
mechanicals, clean handlebars also are appealing.

That said, I keep a geared back for the grocery runs and steep hills.
Single speeds are great for toodling with my kids.

I'm eagerly awaiting Roaduno; hopefully I'd be successful in snagging one
unlike the Platypus!

Good luck!
shoji