I had just moved back to Seattle and started commuting heavily by bike in 2008.
I was looking for a road bike, as I was tired of modifying my mid-nineties Kona
MTB for the commute.  I started reading a lot online.  Peter White, Sheldon,
and Grant's writing - not sure where originally, but it struck a cord. My first
road bike was an early 80's Raleigh Reliant I had purchased with paper route
and corn-detasseling money (grew up in MN).  My first MTB was a '92 Stumpjumper
Pro. Both steel, and that left an impression on me. I never liked the stiff
feel of Aluminum and carbon frames. It was like when vinyl was superseded by
CD. Listen to an old album if you want to hear real bass.

Anyway, I somehow found out that an aquaintence had some rivendell bikes, so I
dropped in one day and saw and rode some of his beautiful bikes. (thanks,
Frank!) After that, all bikes I saw paled in comparison. I went to the Seattle
bike show and saw a lot of nuthin'.

in early 2009, I ordered the 59cm copper frame special A Homer Hilsen, and
spent the next few months getting components and building it up. Love!  After a
trip to Riv HQ in 2011, and rides on a Bombadil and 2 Hunqapillars, I was
hooked again. I picked up a 54cm Hunqa this year, and it is now my camp/tour
bike, to compliment my rando AHH.

I expect there is a Roadeo or Legolas in my future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stonehog/sets/
http://stonehog.wordpress.com

Mobile Brian Hanson