OK - I wasn't going to say anything. I was gonna just be a silent lurker...

I wanted to run Blojsom. It was a change from running Blosxom. I decided
after much effort and consternation to run under Windows XP. I know... I
know... evil empire and all that. But It was the only platform that would
support the multiple applications I wanted AND give VMWare Server for the
LINUX/BSD stuff I wanted too.

So I started looking for a web server. I looked at a lot of Java web
servers, open source and closed $ource. After struggling with about five or
six of them, I settled on Resin. Why? Because, even on Windows, it was a
piece of cake to install. It ran as a service right out of the box (with no
requirement for hacking the registry!). The management effort required for
me has been zero. Zero. ZERO, I tell ya!

Using a cleverly defined resin.conf (I take a bow), I have four servers
running different applications INCLUDING a PHP based wiki.

So I am thinking... Resin is fantastic!

Dan

On 3/13/07, Sam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Running apt-get install libapache-mod-php5 is a lot easier than running
> Resin for 99.99% of people in my experience.

We are planning on creating a debian package after the 3.1.1 release.
With the decision to package the Sun JDK as a debian package that should
work fairly well.

> Why Caucho decided to have php support in their webserver rather than
> fix the bugs in the Servlet container is something that confuses my and
> my colleagues almost daily.

We did consider that, and we hired more engineers to make sure that
Quercus development would not impact the time and effort we had to apply
to Resin.  We actually have more resources working on Servlet/JSP/Java
EE than we did at the time Quercus development was started.

--
Dan McGinn-Combs, Security+, GSEC, CISSP
[EMAIL PROTECTED]