... maybe if I put my comments at the top.. it'll be easier to find :-)

I've been using Proxool for 3+ years. It's been very stable and can be
configured programatically as well as well XML or properties.

I'm using the older version 0.8.3, but 0.9 release candidates have been
out for a while.

<http://proxool.sourceforge.net/>

<http://proxool.sourceforge.net/configure.html>

Regards,