any information relative to newer resin versions... I need the ability to completely define a database pool at runtime in code...

Scott Ferguson wrote:
On Sep 24, 2007, at 7:36 AM, Eric Kreiser wrote:

Should I take it from the silence from caucho... that this is not
something they want to support?

It's essentially

But I'm not exactly sure how we want to support it, and it's a little large of a change to fit into 3.1.3 .

Currently, you can use

com.caucho.sql.DatabaseManager.findDatabase(String driver, String url);

which will give you a pooled DataSource, but it's not currently possible to set any configuration items (other than the driver and url, of course.)

-- Scott

I use resin connection pooling extensively (and am very happy with its
performance), and am not really wanting to introduce another library
into the mix if I can avoid it...

Eric Kreiser wrote:
Does resin support this... and if so... can someone point me in the
right direction.  If not... does anyone recommend another database
connection pooling api which does support this?

I have found myself in a situation where I need to create my database
connection pools in code at runtime not based on the resin.conf. I want
to be able to pool my connections, but there are too many potential
database/user combinations to manage configuring all of them in the

thanks in advance for any help you are able to supply.