I understand about the scope of the change for 3.1.3... but for the record, I would love to see it make 3.1.4 :-)

Speaking of 3.1.3... is there an ETA?

Scott Ferguson wrote:
On Sep 24, 2007, at 7:36 AM, Eric Kreiser wrote:

Should I take it from the silence from caucho... that this is not
something they want to support?

It's essentially http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=1932

But I'm not exactly sure how we want to support it, and it's a little large of a change to fit into 3.1.3 .

Currently, you can use

com.caucho.sql.DatabaseManager.findDatabase(String driver, String url);

which will give you a pooled DataSource, but it's not currently possible to set any configuration items (other than the driver and url, of course.)

-- Scott

I use resin connection pooling extensively (and am very happy with its
performance), and am not really wanting to introduce another library
into the mix if I can avoid it...

Eric Kreiser wrote:
Does resin support this... and if so... can someone point me in the
right direction.  If not... does anyone recommend another database
connection pooling api which does support this?

I have found myself in a situation where I need to create my database
connection pools in code at runtime not based on the resin.conf. I want
to be able to pool my connections, but there are too many potential
database/user combinations to manage configuring all of them in the
resin.conf.

thanks in advance for any help you are able to supply.