I had an error this morning that I have never seen before. There
was a dialog box in front of the Retrospect window that said the

Trouble in Retrospect:
Internal Consistency Check Failed:
Assertion Check at "elem.c-811"
  <and one button that says "Quit">

When I clicked quit, Retrospect was still up and the script sent out
email. I looked this up in the manual and found nothing in regards to
this. I quit Retrospect and launched it and then checked media and
everything is OK. One thing that has changed that may have affected
this is the Eliant 820 Exabyte drive that was in there died last week
and last night was the first time it used this new drive (the old and
new drive are both Eliant 820's). The backup did go about 1/2 way
through all the clients.

And for my rant. I have all the manuals of Retrospect going back to
version 2 and I have three servers so this makes a few manuals on my
bookshelf. Why can't Dantz label their manuals with the current
version? All the manuals do not have version numbers for the app. The
way I figure them out is the copyright year in front of the manual.

Travis Morgan
Macintosh Systems Administrator/Webmaster