I've noticed this problem with software manuals, CD cases, and boxes.
Software companies fail to realize that their attempt to save money by
reusing manual covers, cases, and boxes for each release results in user
frustration. Many times, they'd rather save a buck than help make
information easy for their users to find.

>>Retrospectors,
>>

>clipped . .
>
>>And for my rant. I have all the manuals of Retrospect going back to
>>version 2 and I have three servers so this makes a few manuals on my
>>bookshelf. Why can't Dantz label their manuals with the current
>>version? All the manuals do not have version numbers for the app.
>>The way I figure them out is the copyright year in front of the
>>manual.

Sheila Loring, Technical Writer (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adobe Certified Expert in FrameMaker
Quadralay Certified in WebWorks Publisher
Scriptorium Publishing Services, Inc.
Check out our Advanced FrameMaker and WebWorks Publisher classes.
http://www.scriptorium.com or call 919-481-2701 ext 15.