On 3/21/00 8:25 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Would it be correct to assume that any Retrospect CD-R or CD-RW drive could
> be used to read the Backup Sets?  Is there any limitation that it must be the
> drive it was written with?  I would expect not, but I just wanted to make
> sure.

I can verify that any CD-R or CD-RW drive can do it. I have a client who has
one of the infamous Yamaha 6416s. It appeared to back up to CD-RWs just fine
but then we couldn't restore from them when we needed it most: hard drive
failure. Luckily, I tried restoring from the same CD-RW discs on my personal
CD-RW drive and had no problems.

Senior Publishing Systems Engineer
The Columbus Dispatch

"I don't do .INI, .BAT, or .SYS files.  I don't assign apps to files. I
don't configure peripherals or networks before using them. I have a
computer to do all that. I have a Macintosh, not a hobby."
-- Fritz Anderson