> I ran a backup on a test database and the backup ran without any errors
> (while FileMaker was still running).  I was then able to restore the
> database from tape and open it -- no problems, but FileMaker Server was
> never shutdown during the backup.

I just ran a similar test and found that the database was backed up, but some
indices had to be rebuilt.  Shutting down FileMaker should give more reliable
results.  I just posted a very similar question to yours, before reading
Friday's postings.  It would be very nice if the server shutdown script could
somehow be triggered by the Retrospect Client, but I don't see a way to do
that yet.

Phil Geller