AFAIK, you are correct.  All these guys are OEMing Sony's mechanism into
their boxes.  BTW, Seagate isn't making the Sidewinder200 anymore.  The
reason we went with Seagate's box is because we've had very good
experiences with their tech support and service.  And indeed they came
through in this case too - I had an advance replacement the next day, no
questions asked.  I like that.  :-)

Let me just ask you, we're looking into getting an AIT, isn't it Sony that
are doing all the technology stuff and other brands, like Seagate and
put Sonys technology inside the box and their own name on the utside?

/ jakob