Andrew Kagan writes:

>The best network throughput you could hope for in a 100base-T switched
>environment rarely exceeds 30mbps, which translates to 4 or 5 megabytes/sec.

Theory: 100 Mbps = 12.5 MBps = 750 MB/min.

Real world: Our network is mostly 100Base-T switches. Over the past two
months, our top network backup speed was 347.6 MB/min., almost half
theoretical bandwidth. That translates to just a bit under 6 MB/sec.,
which is very close to Andrew Kagan's figures.

Dan Knight, information systems manager       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Baker Book House Company                 <>
6030 East Fulton                                   616-676-9185 x146
Ada, Michigan 49301                                 fax 616-676-9573

 - Macintosh: Love bug resistant, always Y2K ready