You're absolutely right; the catalog file for a file backup set is different
than a tape catalog. Unlike other types of backup sets, a file backup set
does not have a separate catalog file. Its catalog is stored internally in
the file itself, in its resource fork. (Its data fork contains the backed-up
files.) There is no built in limit to the size of a tape catalog.

Regards,
Irena