I am in the throws of moving RS from one machine to another. During
the testing phase, I have it running on both machines (call them A
and B). "A" has RS running and also has the client on it. When "B" is
set to back up A, I get a message that A isn't visible on the network
(I know it is-RS there works fine). B also seems to loose connections
to other clients, as from the clients database, frequently none of
the network machines are visible. Selecting Network and then the
appropriate OS, clients become visible and then everything is ok. Why
do I have to do this manually for RS to see them?

Is this a problem with running RS on two machines at the same time?
Is there something else I'm missing here.

A: Beige G3; 9.0.4; RS 4.3.1; client 4.3
B: G4; 9.0.4; running ASIP; RS 4.3.1
Latest clients on all machines.
-Bob D.
Builder and Pilot of Kinetic Sculpture Vehicle "Killer Tomato"
Visit my web site (http://www.bcc.orst.edu/~durstb/ )for pictures and
additional info.