On 10/25/00 10:57 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] thus spake:

>Thanks, Ed. I know you wouldn't have posted your thoughts if this didn't
>matter to you. We appreciate the feedback, and I hope I've alleviated some
>of your concerns.

     I appreciate the reassurance. I understand that you, and doubtless a
rabid contingent at Dantz, are Mac fans. You don't worry me at all, and
I'm quite grateful you're there. Here's the scenario that DOES worry me:
while building the Winbloze version and neglecting the Mac, the momentum
shifts. At some point, some arrogant pinhead in upper mgmt says something
like this: "It's going to cost too much to upgrade the Mac version, for
too small a return, when we already have a thriving NT product. Besides,
the Mac users will buy an NT box to get all the new features anyway,
because we're the best solution. After all, the Windows users used to buy
Macs to run the server, right?" Thus, the Mac version dies. Hell, if
Motorola can go all NT/Intel even when they design and make the PowerPC
chips, this scenario isn't even all that far fetched. Because I've seen
it all before, I'm pretty cynical, and naturally adopt the "show me the
money" stance. I sincerely hope that the Mac will again be a priority at
Dantz. A carbonized version of the proud ol' grandaddy of the NT version
is not, IMHO, a priority. Frankly, I will continue to reserve judgement
until I "see the money", such as a beta (hell, even screenshots); for now
it's all vaporware. Again, PLEASE, *prove me wrong*. That's really what I
want, you know... Show the world I'm a paranoid looney, and I will
gratefully shut my annoying little craw and celebrate with them. ;-)

     To sum it all up, "once bitten, twice shy".

Peace,
Edmund A. Hintz              **|**     "You may say I'm a dreamer,
Mac Techie, Linux Geek,     *  |  *      But I'm not the only one...
Mac/Linux Consultant       *  /|\  *     I hope someday you'll join us,
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>              */ | \*      And the world will live as one.
'78 Westy                    *****      Imagine."
                     http://www.hintz.org