What are you getting now for the backup times on the local machine?

That's a pretty good indication of the top speed of your system
usually.  If the log shows 15MB/Min, just take the total amount
backed up and divide it by 15MB and you will get the total minutes it
takes.

So, for 8-10GB you are talking about 9 to 11 hours to back it up at 15MB/min.

I'm getting right around 100MB/Min for mine.