I agree with you TOTALLY, Scott!  What're our options?  Single-users
have simpler needs than those using networks; in this light, what
Retrospect scenarios should WE be considering?  I have a G4/400/9.0.4
with 2 internal hard drives with 9 partitions between them.  What's
really the BEST way for me to back these up -- not just how often, but
what strategies should I be considering, including how can I go about
automating the process?

Because I back up to an external SCSI HD, I'm apparently unable to use a
Script with Retrospect!  I've got Retrospect 4.3, the full version (not
Lite).  Is there ANY way I can get around this?  I've written some
simple AppleScripts for other apps, and have modified ready-made ones to
my needs, but am really less than a neophyte with this kind of scripting
-- BUT I CAN TEACH MYSELF if I knew precisely WHAT I needed to learn --
I'm not unfamiliar with programming.

What backup strategies might I benefit from considering, and where can I
find them?
What can I do to work around the no-script-for-externals limitation?
Ideally, I want to click ONE icon and have all the partitions backed up
-- is this possible?

TIA for your assistance,

     - ilyes