Here is another thought, could someone out there right a little app that would
parse this data and get it into excel or FileMaker from the actual log file.
Maybe it would go good with an Apple script that would do this once a night.
FileMaker can handle applescript fairly well.
I would think this would be fairly easy since the data from the log file is in
the same format every time. The parser could look for a certain phrase then
strip the data following (user name and amount of data, date whatever) Then an
applescript could import that file into a FileMaker database that you could sort
according to whatever criteria you want. It would be an extra app that would
have to be on the machine but it sure would be handy.
Anyone have the expertise to build something like this??  I could handle the
applescript and the FMP database (as are a lot of you probably) but I'm not good
at writing code. I'd be glad to team up with someone.
Tim