On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 13:25 +1100, Tony and Robyn Lewis wrote:
> Erik Grinaker wrote:
> >I've drafted a quick list of the default account types for Revelation
> >0.5.0, but would like to get some feedback on it. So if you think I'm
> >missing an important (ie widely used) account type, there's too few or
> >too many fields in some of the accounts, or anything else, please let me
> >know.
> The most common field I want to store in Revelation, but can't (without
> overloading the Hostname field, say), is a reminder question / answer.
> E.g. What is your favourite colour.

Ok. I'm not sure this is common enough to to have a field for it by
default, maybe it would be better solved by adding a custom field when
it's needed or something. Haven't decided yet, though, so I'll consider
it - but it seems like it's needed only on a handful of web-sites.

> Then there are things I've wanted to do once or twice.  Custom fields
> would deal with this nicely:
>  * customer number (when different from, say, account number)
>  * a URL in relation to *anything* - e.g. a shell account has a URL that
> has help on it

Yeah, custom fields would probably be the best way to solve these.

> Also, how about a bank account record?  All countries will be different,
> but you should be able to define one that handles +95% of cases,
> hopefully?  Maybe the fields could be:
>  * Name
>  * Account name
>  * Branch (string, could be branch name, or a numeric code, SORT code
> (UK), BSB (Aus))
>  * Account (numeric account number, or string if needed)
>  * Password?

Ho hum, not so sure about this. I've had other requests for this as
well, but I don't really see why this should be stored in Revelation.
The data isn't exactly secret (it's public data in Norway, at least),
and I'm sure you'll get a nice overview of your accounts in your banks
web-interface anyways?

Erik Grinaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

enthusiastic about."
                                                  -- Albert Einstein