Hello

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> The e-mail settings being lost sounds like an issue we just fixed in a
> nightly. If you set the e-mail settings and then restart your web server, do
> they still disappear?

Interestingly no. I restarted Apache couple of times and it kept the
record. Though after submitting 3-4 times, it loses it. Probably,
fixed in the nightly.

So how do I go about testing it? Should I just get the SVN and do -
sudo setup.py install or do I have to upgrade the site also?

This is a test machine so I can play around with stuff.

> It's hard to say what's wrong with your e-mail settings. Can you check your
> web server's error log and see if there's any backtraces?

Hmm, for some reason - the error message stayed for one second longer
and it seemed to be some server error.

tail -f /var/log/apache2/error.log
[Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: child spawned but
unable to open database link
[Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: insufficient
configuration info to establish database link
[Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: child spawned but
unable to open database link
[Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: insufficient
configuration info to establish database link
[Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: child spawned but
unable to open database link
[Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: insufficient
configuration info to establish database link
[Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: child spawned but
unable to open database link
[Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu)
mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2 PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.5 with Suhosin-Patch
configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Apr 14 10:06:02 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: insufficient
configuration info to establish database link
[Tue Apr 14 10:06:02 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: child spawned but
unable to open database link

Does that help? I dont know how it can be database error because it
seems to be the storing the data correctly.

--
Ritesh
http://www.riteshn.com