Hmm, I don't know. Perhaps GMail is doing some kind of sender verification, and that's preventing the e-mails from being sent. Unless your internal e-mail addresses can't be reached from an external server. You may just need a local SMTP server.
Christian -- Christian Hammond - [email protected] Review Board - http://www.review-board.org VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Ritesh Nadhani <[email protected]> wrote: > > Alright, finally I got some more time off work to review it. > > Not sure what is the problem. If I give incorrect SMTP details, > reviewboard fails with the exception: > > Traceback: > File > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg/django/core/handlers/base.py" > in get_response > 86. response = callback(request, *callback_args, > **callback_kwargs) > File > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg/django/views/decorators/cache.py" > in _wrapped_view_func > 44. response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) > File > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Djblets-0.5beta1-py2.5.egg/djblets/webapi/decorators.py" > in _checklogin > 32. response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) > File > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.0beta2-py2.5.egg/reviewboard/webapi/json.py" > in review_request_publish > 493. review_request.publish(request.user) > File > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.0beta2-py2.5.egg/reviewboard/reviews/models.py" > in publish > 458. mail_review_request(user, self, changes) > File > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.0beta2-py2.5.egg/reviewboard/reviews/email.py" > in mail_review_request > 184. extra_context) > File > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.0beta2-py2.5.egg/reviewboard/reviews/email.py" > in send_review_mail > 114. message.send() > File > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg/django/core/mail.py" > in send > 271. return > self.get_connection(fail_silently).send_messages([self]) > File > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg/django/core/mail.py" > in send_messages > 166. new_conn_created = self.open() > File > "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg/django/core/mail.py" > in open > 131. > local_hostname=DNS_NAME.get_fqdn()) > File "/usr/lib/python2.5/smtplib.py" in __init__ > 244. (code, msg) = self.connect(host, port) > File "/usr/lib/python2.5/smtplib.py" in connect > 310. raise socket.error, msg > > Exception Type: error at /api/json/reviewrequests/8/publish/ > Exception Value: (111, 'Connection refused') > > So that means the mailing module is being called. > > When I give right details, it just succeeds without any error...but > the mail is never delivered? > > On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Ritesh Nadhani <[email protected]> wrote: > > Thanks Christian for all the inputs. > > > > I will work on it this after work later today and will try to find out > > problems on my side. There has to be something stupid going on my side > > as I believe people have been using RB without any problem :) > > > > Yes, I can also try with an internal server. Will come back with feedback > soon. > > > > On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Christian Hammond <[email protected]> > wrote: > >> It looks like your configuration is set up to log server > connections/errors > >> to an SQL database, and it's not configured correctly. So that's what > most > >> of those errors are. I don't see anything in there that would tell us > more > >> here. > >> > >> Generally, if your e-mail address is set for the administrator contact > info > >> in General Settings, and DEBUG is False, you would receive an e-mail > with > >> the error info. But of course that implies that you have e-mail working > :) > >> The other method is to set DEBUG to True and then click the button on > that > >> error banner for seeing more info, but if the page is jumping away, that > >> won't work so well. > >> > >> I don't have a working solution off-hand that I can recommend. I'll give > it > >> some thought. > >> > >> Is there another e-mail server you can use that's internal? > >> > >> Christian > >> > >> -- > >> Christian Hammond - [email protected] > >> Review Board - http://www.review-board.org > >> VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com > >> > >> > >> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Ritesh Nadhani <[email protected]> > wrote: > >>> > >>> Hello > >>> > >>> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Christian Hammond < > [email protected]> > >>> wrote: > >>> > The e-mail settings being lost sounds like an issue we just fixed in > a > >>> > nightly. If you set the e-mail settings and then restart your web > >>> > server, do > >>> > they still disappear? > >>> > >>> Interestingly no. I restarted Apache couple of times and it kept the > >>> record. Though after submitting 3-4 times, it loses it. Probably, > >>> fixed in the nightly. > >>> > >>> So how do I go about testing it? Should I just get the SVN and do - > >>> sudo setup.py install or do I have to upgrade the site also? > >>> > >>> This is a test machine so I can play around with stuff. > >>> > >>> > > >>> > It's hard to say what's wrong with your e-mail settings. Can you > check > >>> > your > >>> > web server's error log and see if there's any backtraces? > >>> > > >>> > >>> Hmm, for some reason - the error message stayed for one second longer > >>> and it seemed to be some server error. > >>> > >>> tail -f /var/log/apache2/error.log > >>> [Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: child spawned but > >>> unable to open database link > >>> [Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: insufficient > >>> configuration info to establish database link > >>> [Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: child spawned but > >>> unable to open database link > >>> [Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: insufficient > >>> configuration info to establish database link > >>> [Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: child spawned but > >>> unable to open database link > >>> [Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: insufficient > >>> configuration info to establish database link > >>> [Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: child spawned but > >>> unable to open database link > >>> [Tue Apr 14 10:05:45 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) > >>> mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2 PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.5 with Suhosin-Patch > >>> configured -- resuming normal operations > >>> [Tue Apr 14 10:06:02 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: insufficient > >>> configuration info to establish database link > >>> [Tue Apr 14 10:06:02 2009] [error] mod_log_sql: child spawned but > >>> unable to open database link > >>> > >>> Does that help? I dont know how it can be database error because it > >>> seems to be the storing the data correctly. > >>> > >>> > Christian > >>> > > >>> > -- > >>> > Christian Hammond - [email protected] > >>> > Review Board - http://www.review-board.org > >>> > VMware, Inc. - http://www.vmware.com > >>> > > >>> > > >>> > On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Ritesh Nadhani <[email protected]> > >>> > wrote: > >>> >> > >>> >> Hello > >>> >> > >>> >> So I created 3 users and added them to default reviewer group. I > then > >>> >> went to Admin section and added the Email settings. I added my gmail > >>> >> settings and checking use TLS authentication. > >>> >> > >>> >> According to docs at > >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > http://www.review-board.org/docs/manual/dev/admin/management/review-groups/#e-mail-and-review-groups > , > >>> >> since I dont have any mailing list attached to the repository so it > >>> >> will send mail to everybody in the review board. > >>> >> > >>> >> After doing the email settings, I went ahead and added a request. > For > >>> >> some reason, the process got stuck when I click on Publish. The > >>> >> buttons are greyed out and nothing happened. Clicking on "View Diff" > >>> >> threw up some error for microsecond which I could not read. Then the > >>> >> publish/discard publish were gone and the patch was correctly > >>> >> submitted. > >>> >> > >>> >> Hoping that the mail was sent, I check my inbox and nothing there. > >>> >> > >>> >> I repeat the process using the same patch and test and same errors. > I > >>> >> could not read the error :( > >>> >> > >>> >> Suddenly, it worked. But no mails. I went and checked the email > >>> >> settings and BAM and everything was gone. The settings were changed > to > >>> >> the default localhost and port 25. Hmm. > >>> >> > >>> >> I edited the settings and tried to repeat the process and same > thing. > >>> >> First 3-4 times (though I could not repeat the exact number of > times) > >>> >> will give you an error (which will only stay for couple of > >>> >> microseconds and go off). Then suddenly it works and the email > >>> >> settings are lost. > >>> >> > >>> >> Setting the debug value to True as suggested at: > >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> >> > http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard/browse_thread/thread/42fd2fd6ee5285bd?pli=1 > >>> >> > >>> >> Nothing special happened except that the error stayed for some more > >>> >> time and I was able to catch a glimpse: > >>> >> > >>> >> Publishing of the draft has failed for some reason Error 0 (i > think). > >>> >> > >>> >> Please contact your admin. > >>> >> > >>> >> If I go and remove the email, then everything works. > >>> >> > >>> >> Any idea how I can debug this problem? > >>> >> > >>> >> -- > >>> >> Ritesh > >>> >> http://www.riteshn.com > >>> >> > >>> >> > >>> > > >>> > > >>> > > > >>> > > >>> > >>> > >>> > >>> -- > >>> Ritesh > >>> http://www.riteshn.com > >>> > >>> > >> > >> > >> >> > >> > > > > > > > > -- > > Ritesh > > http://www.riteshn.com > > > > > > -- > Ritesh > http://www.riteshn.com > > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reviewboard" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/reviewboard?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
