Alright, finally I got some more time off work to review it.

Not sure what is the problem. If I give incorrect SMTP details,
reviewboard fails with the exception:

Traceback:
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg/django/core/handlers/base.py"
in get_response
  86.                 response = callback(request, *callback_args,
**callback_kwargs)
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg/django/views/decorators/cache.py"
in _wrapped_view_func
  44.         response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Djblets-0.5beta1-py2.5.egg/djblets/webapi/decorators.py"
in _checklogin
  32.             response = view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.0beta2-py2.5.egg/reviewboard/webapi/json.py"
in review_request_publish
  493.         review_request.publish(request.user)
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.0beta2-py2.5.egg/reviewboard/reviews/models.py"
in publish
  458.             mail_review_request(user, self, changes)
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.0beta2-py2.5.egg/reviewboard/reviews/email.py"
in mail_review_request
  184.                          extra_context)
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ReviewBoard-1.0beta2-py2.5.egg/reviewboard/reviews/email.py"
in send_review_mail
  114.     message.send()
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg/django/core/mail.py"
in send
  271.         return self.get_connection(fail_silently).send_messages([self])
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg/django/core/mail.py"
in send_messages
  166.         new_conn_created = self.open()
File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Django-1.0.2_final-py2.5.egg/django/core/mail.py"
in open
  131.
local_hostname=DNS_NAME.get_fqdn())
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/smtplib.py" in __init__
  244.             (code, msg) = self.connect(host, port)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/smtplib.py" in connect
  310.             raise socket.error, msg

Exception Type: error at /api/json/reviewrequests/8/publish/
Exception Value: (111, 'Connection refused')

So that means the mailing module is being called.

When I give right details, it just succeeds without any error...but
the mail is never delivered?

--
Ritesh
http://www.riteshn.com