Hi,

You should be able to add a user without them having an account yet if you
type their username in the reviewers field, but aside from that, there's no
mechanism for auto-importing every user from Active Directory. This is sort
of annoying, but it's just a first-time annoyance as people migrate over to
it. If you do type the username in the reviewers field, though, it should
work for you. It just won't be able to auto-complete.

As for auto-completion based on IDs, this is a limitation in 1.0.x, but the
upcoming 1.1 will search the first and last name as well. So, if you start
typing, say, "Chr," then my name would appear in the list. Same with "chip"
or "Ham."

We don't integrate with groups from Active Directory or any other group.
This is, honestly, the first time this has been brought up, so there hasn't
been any discussion on it. However, I don't really know that too many
organizations would be able to take advantage of it, and it would be
specific to LDAP and AD backends. Usually the request is to map groups to
mailing lists, since that tends to be a common 1:1 mapping.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding such functionality if a patch was provided,
but we'd have to figure out how to do it. I'm not a fan of optional features
that would have to be turned on, but this is something that likely wouldn't
be wanted in all setups, so it needs to be thought through carefully.