On Sep 30, 3:50 am, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> I've tested this thoroughly with Django 1.1.2, and it absolutely works here.
> We actually have unit tests for this functionality, ran by nightly builds
> using both Django 1.1 and 1.2, so I was surprised to hear that there was a
> breakage.
> What's the exact version of Django on there? And Python?

We're running python 2.4.3 (on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5).

I had been running Django 1.1.1, but I upgraded to 1.1.2 (and
ReviewBoard 1.5 final) this morning and still experienced the same
failure to signal.

> > The infrastructure we're working on is semi-public (Fedora project),
> > so
> > if you wanted to have a look at it directly you could contact me
> > off-list and I could see about getting you access.
> If we can't figure this out, that might be best. As it is, we're going to be
> releasing pretty soon here. I'm no longer convinced there's a release
> blocker, but there's clearly something wrong in that install, and we need to
> investigate it. If it turns out there is a bug on our end that is somehow
> affecting your install but not most others, then we'll fix it and get it
> into a point release.

I can't use easy_install, as that tends to update packages that are
already managed by RPM. This would cause no end of problems if the RPM
package is later updated. Since this is a production system, that's
simply not permissible.