On Sep 30, 3:50 am, Christian Hammond <chip...@chipx86.com> wrote:
> Are there any custom modifications at all in your
> $sitedir/conf/settings_local.py?

This was the problem. Our infrastructure requires the use of a custom
authentication mechanism (which requires added values in the
INSTALLED_APPS and MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES values in settings.py). We had
to override these in settings_local.py because they needed to exist in
specific places in the list. I didn't notice that the logging entries
(and the x509 middleware) were added and failed to update our version
in settings_local.py. When I corrected this, the log worked as
expected.

Nothing to see here, move along :)

I will close the bug.