Spent some time trying to look into these issues... I'm confident it's local
to your server.

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 4:36 AM, Stephen Gallagher <karrde...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  On 09/24/2010 04:19 PM, Christian Hammond wrote:
> > > Hi Stephen,
> > >
> > > I suspect that 1829 is due to an installation or packaging problem
> > > with Djblets. I can't reproduce this on our install, which was
> > > installed using easy_install. The log.html template is there, and has
> > > been for a while.
> Is there a path that should be set somewhere to tell RB where to find
> this? The file is in its expected location, so it's definitely
> ReviewBoard that can't locate it.

If the dashboard is at all working, then the path is correct.

What happens if you uninstall the Djblets package and then install Djblets
using easy_install?

Are there any custom modifications at all in your

I don't know enough about Django to know where to start looking for
> the
> cause of the signaling problem.

I've tested this thoroughly with Django 1.1.2, and it absolutely works here.
We actually have unit tests for this functionality, ran by nightly builds
using both Django 1.1 and 1.2, so I was surprised to hear that there was a

What's the exact version of Django on there? And Python?

> The infrastructure we're working on is semi-public (Fedora project),
> so
> if you wanted to have a look at it directly you could contact me
> off-list and I could see about getting you access.

If we can't figure this out, that might be best. As it is, we're going to be
releasing pretty soon here. I'm no longer convinced there's a release
blocker, but there's clearly something wrong in that install, and we need to
investigate it. If it turns out there is a bug on our end that is somehow
affecting your install but not most others, then we'll fix it and get it
into a point release.

I'd really be curious to see if any of these problems go away when using
easy_install instead of an RPM for this, just to rule out some strange
packaging quirk.