Thank you for the assistance. I tried using the HTTPS URL, but I had to
encode both the username and password into the URL: just having the
username, or nothing, and filling in the Username/Password fields below
gave a "No Repository" error. I didn't feel comfortable having a password
visible in that form so I chose not to keep it that way. I decided to both
link to the local git repo, and have a URL mask, but I had a "The File was
not found in the repository" error when I tried to rbt post. Turned out I
did not finish the local path (forgot to add the .git to it); my mistake,
however, showed that it was still was looking at the path even with the
mask URL filled in.

In either case, they only way I managed to get it working was with keeping
a local repo in sync. Since it is working fine as is for our purposes , I
am probably going to keep it that way. Thanks for the help.

- Erika