One other note. I had to re-assert group ownership on the RB site, it was
breaking LDAP auth.

sudo chgrp -R www-data /var/www/your-site-name

I was getting the following in debug logs...

2015-07-23 13:35:57,514 - WARNING -  - LDAP error: {'info': 'invalid DN',
'desc': 'Invalid DN syntax'}

This seemed to resolve my issue. Had noticed (I was root when doing update)
root had group perms to assets again.