On 23.11.2014 17:02, Wayne Merricks wrote:
Hi,

I fought with this when I started.  It seems logical to put a hard timed
midnight in for a new log but all it achieves are the problems you're
experiencing.

RD should look at the date, not only the time.? Feature request..?!

What I do instead is put the hard times at the end of the log.  For
example:

At 23:59:55 I have a hard timed macro in the aux log that does a fade
down over 5 seconds and then loads the next log.  In your case what you
want is a make next on something before the log chain.  That way you
won't lose what is currently playing and when that finishes the new log
will load.

Aha, but what happens, when that last track runs into the hst from the same logs beginning..? At 00:05 a showopener after the news for example.

BTW. Why you use the AUX log.? On the hours with news a have a cart with 4 second silence and a very long fade time in rdairplay for that machine.

You might experience a second or two delay depending on what your set up
is that could be potentially silent when the log loads.  I'd love a way
of appending logs in advance but that causes other timing issues (e.g.
which 23:59 event should you use) so would need extra code to work around.

Looking at the date..;)

The machine is fast enough. Only 500ms silence. No problem.

Regards,

Wayne