On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 18:07:43 -0400
Ted Felix <t...@tedfelix.com> wrote:

>   First would be to characterize the editing you are doing.  Just a
>list of the sorts of things, like track deletes that seem to cause the
>issue.  Also, how big are the compositions?  Number of segments, tracks.
>  How many minutes?  Does it happen even if you never play the composition?

Sorry to be slow responding - been busy!

Typically 3-4 minutes 8-12 tracks MIDI only.

Most commonly happens when splitting a track then deleting part of it. Actual
crash usually happens next time I go to 'Play'.

>   Next, if you can analyze the core dumps for me when you crash, that
>could be a big help.  Though sometimes with memory issues, the stack
>traces are useless.  Have you worked with gdb and core dumps before?
>
>Ted.

Had a look at gdb in the past (ran away screaming) couldn't make a lot of sense
out of the information it presented. Some time back we had a segfault in
Yoshimi - gdb was no help at all and we found the problem by simply undoing
commits till we found the one where it changed :(

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk